Sunday, November 30, 2008

SF Bazaar Bizarre : cream of the crop craft fair











SF Bazaar Bizaare: This was the big craft fair that I was unable to get into.... SF Team Etsy is a group that I belong to, we are all crafters on Etsy and the ones of us that didn't get in were allowed to get a table and share. I ended up sharing two tables with three people for like three hours, and I was buried by this other crafter named Krista Fatka who sold hats. This is her above in the blue hair and fedora. I was given the worst spot, and I got the uncanny feeling from the frosty attitude of others at the table that I wasn't cool enough. I thought that stuff was over from high school! Oh well, I breast fed Luca and tried to be upbeat about the dire situation. There was a nice botanical garden I took Luca to, but he seemed worn out from the stimuli so I headed back home right after the show, giving up my amazing parking spot right at Lincoln and 9th by Golden Gate Park, which was really amazing luck.

View Larger Map

Nobody could get to my product
and I didn't sell anything. I ended up only making a trade with this crazy old hippie dude who wanted to trade a stapled zerox self published diatribe that he said was poety and what not. I asked him to compose a poem for Luca on the spot, and put it on the cover.

The event was way too crowded and they should have had it at a bigger place. I hate doing events like these and getting into the negative: booth fee, bridge toll, gas, coffee, waste of morning...grrr. A whole bad flashback to the event in LA a couple of weeks ago: Tha Hotness Holiday Bazaar, except for that event, it was sloooow.

I couldn't even pass cards or stickers out to people at SF Baz. Biz., it was a big mess, so crowded. I learned my lesson: don't share a spot with more than one other vendor, and set up for the WHOLE time.
Posted via Pixelpipe.

No comments: