Friday, February 20, 2009

Strolling in East Bay for Love Signs

My back was in excruciating pain from laying on my side feeding Luca last night. I think I strained it again lifting him 2 days ago. By the time I got up and moving this morning, I was late for the mom's group I joined called East Bay Moms. Their calendar dictated a stroller walk in Danville.

Agrandir le plan
But because I missed the fwy junction, took a couple wrong turns and went the wrong direction on Iron Horse Trail, I never caught up with the other moms today. I was really looking forward to meeting other moms. Last week was my first hike with the group and only three other moms showed up. The hike was intense 3.8 mile loop through Anthony Chabot Regional Park in Oakland, very slippery and it rained and hailed most of the time. Luca slept through the whole thing and was warm and snug, waking up as I was getting into the parking lot from the trail, and surprise...he was HUNGRY.

So even though we didn't catch up with the group, Luca and I took our own 4 mile walk, and saw some budding trees and spring flowers. He cried because he wanted to be carried and I pulled over 3 times to feed him, hold him, carry him, etc. The car ride home was touchy, pulled over twice to console him and make sure he wasn't overheated. Its nearly 3pm and no nap all day today, so I am hoping he got tired enough to nap so I can get some work done for an hour. Whew. I have no idea how I am supposed to catch up on all the sleep I am missing.

I thought this was an appropriate sign that I saw on the Irin Horse Trail in Danville today, a photo in honor of Valentine's Day, or Happy Consumerist Day.


From Wikipedia:
"St. Valentine’s Day falls on February 14, and is the traditional day on which lovers in certain cultures let each other know about their love, commonly by sending Valentine’s cards, which are often anonymous. The history of Valentine’s day can be traced back to a Catholic Church feast day, in honor of Saint Valentine. The day’s associations with romantic love arrived after the High Middle Ages, during which the concept of romantic love was formulated.

The day is now most closely associated with the mutual exchange of love notes in the form of “valentines.” Modern Valentine symbols include the heart-shaped outline and the figure of the winged Cupid. Since the 19th century, the practice of hand writing notes has largely given way to the exchange of mass-produced greeting cards. The Greeting Card Association estimates that, world-wide, approximately one billion valentine cards are sent each year, making the day the second largest card-sending holiday of the year behind Christmas. The association also estimates that women purchase approximately 85 percent of all valentines."

Posted via Pixelpipe.

No comments: