Stay-at-Home Mom Jobs
Learn about jobs that will allow women to still remain at home with the kids, but at the same time give them the opportunity to financially contribute to the household.
Tory Johnson, author of Will Work From Home: Earn the Cash Without the Commute, joined the ladies to discuss stay-at-home mom jobs that will allow women to still remain at home with the kids, but at the same time give them the opportunity to financially contribute to the household income during these trying economic times. Here are just a few paths moms can take:
1. Become a direct sales pro:
Here are a few examples of direct-selling companies Tory discussed:
• Cooksey Keepsakes (photography parties) (cookseykeepsakes.com)
• The Happy Gardener (thehappygardener.info)
• Stella and Dot Jewelry (stelladot.com)
• Wine Shop at Home (wineshopathome.com)
• Simply Fun (games for ages 3 & up) (simplyfun.com)
2. Promote your expertise
• Soft Skills: Care giving: Childcare (Sittercity.com & care.com); eldercare (HomeInstead.com & SeniorHelpers.com); Pet sitting (FetchPetCare.com)
• Hard Skills: Technical (guru.com; elance.com; odesk.com); writing (associatedcontent.com and helium.com); advice (liveperson.com); other services
3. Online selling
• Convert clutter into cash on sites such as: ebay.com, amazon.com and craigslist.com
• Crafts for cash: Etsy.com:
- Tutus for girls (mom2twogals.etsy.com): Leslie LaBarge of Dover, Ohio sells between $1,200 and $4,000 a month. "Paint Me A Rainbow Tutu" is her most popular item at $19.50. This is what she now does fulltime.
- Soaps (etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6018074): Sells $1,000 worth of crazy soaps every month. It's a mom and daughter operation.
- Dog Collars/Leashes (etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6364018): The Cool Puppy just started and sells $500 a month and it's growing steadily
- Funky Rose Jewelry (etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6379945)
From The View.