Saturday, May 15, 2010

California Housing Authorities

Housing Authority of the City of Alameda
Alameda County Housing Authority, waitlist
City of Berkeley Housing Authority
Housing Authority of the County of Butte
Housing Authority of the County of Contra Costa
HAs of the City and County of Fresno
Glendale Community Development and Housing
Kings County Housing Authority
Housing Authority of Long Beach
Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles
Community Devel Comm County of Los Angeles
Oakland Housing Authority
Orange County Housing Authority
Housing Authority of the County of Monterey
Housing Authority of the City of Napa
City of Pittsburg Housing Authority
Housing Authority of the City of Redding
Sacramento Housing and Redevel Agency
Housing Authority of the City of San Buenaventura
San Diego Housing Commission
San Francisco Housing Authority
Housing Authority of the County of San Joaquin
Housing Authority of the City of Santa Barbara
Housing Authority of the County of Santa Barbara
Housing Authority of the County of Santa Clara
Sonoma County Community Development Commission
Housing Authority of the County of Tulare
Vallejo Housing Authority
Area Housing Authority of the County of Ventura
Yolo County Housing
Butte County Housing Authority
City of Richmond Housing Authority 510-621-1300

Housing Programs
PLEASE NOTE THAT HOUSING NOW ONLY ASSISTS FAMILIES OF THE DEVELOPMENTALLY DISABLED. For a definition, visit the California Department of Developmental Services web site.
There are housing authorities in most of the ten counties served by the Alta California regional Center. Jump down to the counties list. These housing authorities operate under federal guidelines from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide both public housing and the rental subsidy assistance program more commonly known as section 8. To locate affordable housing opportunities in your area go to HUD's People with Disabilities page. HUD lists properties that have apartments at below market rate. The Sacramento Housing Alliance has links to affordable housing opportunities in many areas.
A Housing Coordinator who be contacted at:
Housing Now, 1800 21st Street, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95811
Contact Patti Uplinger
E-mail , Phone: 916-549-1044

Housing Now helped this family to locate a new affordable place to live
Additional Housing Resources
Creating a Housing Plan
Housing is the most expensive thing that people with disabilities have to pay for. Obtaining housing that people can afford is a difficult task and takes a long time, but this simple plan can help.
Fair Housing Hotline Project
Yolo County Residents call 530-662-1065
All others call 916-447-5798 Legal Services of Northern California
Human Rights/Fair Housing Commission of the City and County of Sacramento
1112 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: 916-444-0178
Sacramento Self Help Housing (includes resources in other counties also)
PO Box 188445
Sacramento, CA 95818
Phone: 916-341-0593
Fax: 916-341-0598
Contact Page

Retrofit Grants
Contact your local housing authority for information on programs they may offer to retrofit homes and apartments. Several agencies have Community Development Block Grant funds available for this purpose.
Alpine County
Housing Authority: State Department of Housing and Community Development, Eva Lee Arriga - 916-322-0502
Services: HCV
How to Apply: Call to apply.
Colusa County
Housing Authority: Colusa County Housing Authority, 420 East laurel St., Willows, CA 95988 - Phone: 530-934-1480 Fax: fax: 530-934-6650
Services: Housing Choice Voucher-HCV (Section 8)
How to Apply: Waiting list
El Dorado County
Housing Authority: El Dorado County Housing Authority, 937 Spring Street, Placerville, CA 95667 - Phone: 530-642-7150 Fax: 530-295-2598
Services: HCV-closed
How to Apply: If you are on the waiting list, make sure you update them in writing if you move or change your phone number. Accessibility/Rehab $$ for homeowners only.
Nevada County
Housing Authority: Nevada County Housing Authority, Social Service Division, 950 Maidu Ave., Nevada City, CA 95959
Linda Anderson - 530-265-7271 Fax: 530-265-9860
Services: Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) list CLOSED - no anticipated re-open date
How to Apply: Accessibility/Rehab $$ available through the Freed Foundation. Contact: Ana Acton, 900 East Main Street, Suite 201, Grass Valley, CA 95945
Phone: (530) 272-1732 TTY: (530) 272-1764 FAX: (530) 272-7793
Placer County (Roseville and Rocklin only)
Housing Authority: 405 Vernon St. Suite 1, Roseville, CA 95678
Phone: 916-774-5270 Fax: 916-774-5286
CDBG retrofit money 916-774-5469
Services: Below market rent apartments. HCV list closed. No anticipated re-open date.
How to Apply: Applications must be completed for each complex. To get a list of below market rate rentals go to the City of Roseville's Affordable Rental page and click the link for Below Market Rate Apartment Complexes.
Placer County Continued
Housing Authority: Placer County Dept. of Health and Human Services, Housing Choice Voucher, 11519 B Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603
Phone: 530-889-7960 x 7971 Fax: 530-889-6826 (includes upper northern portion of Rocklin)
Services: No open programs
How to Apply: None accepted at this time. Voice mail will not be responded to. If you are on the waiting list, make sure you keep them updated on your address and phone number in writing.
Sacramento County (except Elk Grove)
Housing Authority: Sacramento Housing & Redevelopment Agency (SHRA)
701 12th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814 - Phone: 916-492-2244 or 916-440-1390
Services: Public Housing HCV (section 8) Those two programs are closed. They will advertise on radio, television and newspaper when they open.
Affordable Housing Program for 6 individual sites go to
Home ownership program and Retrofit Grants available for home owners and renters. Call SHRA: 264-1500. $5,000 max. *Citrus Heights, Rancho Cordova and Elk Grove not included; see below for their contact information.
How to Apply: Be prepared to complete an application when list reopens. It is recommended that the support agency address be entered instead of the consumer's address so that all further requests for documentation go to the agency.
If you are on the list, make sure you provide SHRA with your current contact information.
Sacramento County, Elk Grove
Housing Authority: City of Elk Grove (Emergency Housing Repair/Accessibility $$ available for owner-occupied dwellings only, through forgivable grants)

Sacramento County, Citrus Heights
Housing Authority: City of Citrus Heights
How to Apply: Apply in person at property
Sierra County
Housing Authority: State Department of Housing and Community Development, Wanita Bermudez - 916-327-3643
Services: HCV
How to Apply: List is currently open. Call to apply.
Sutter County
Housing Authority: County of Sutter Housing Authority, 448 Garden Highway, Yuba City, CA 95991 - Phone: 530-671-0220 x 123 (Claudia) Fax: 530-673-0775
Services: HCV, Conventional Affordable Housing. Call to find out status of list.
Yolo County
Housing Authority: Yolo County Housing Authority, 147 W. Main Street, Woodland, CA 95695 - Phone: 800-662-9656 TDD 1-800-545-1833 x 626
Services: Call for status of the Conventional Housing program. Home ownership program for those who have been in their services for one year or more.
How to Apply: Complete the pre-application form and check all programs that apply; they have one application that will register you for multiple lists.
Yuba County
Housing Authority: Yuba County Housing Authority, 915 8th Street Suite 130, Marysville, CA 95901 - Phone: 530-749-5460 Fax: 530-749-5464
Services: HCV, call to apply.
How to Apply: Call to apply. You must move to Yuba County for one year when you get the HCV. You must have original documents.

No comments: