Saturday, February 19, 2011

birth plan from 2008

My slightly censored and revised and updated birth plan from September 16, 2008
 

Birth Plan:

Mother’s Name: xx
Father of child’s name: xx phone
Mother of xx:
Healthcare Provider: Dr.
Hospital:

Hydrate by drinking clear fluids and IV. I don't want to be tied to an IV or monitors or the bed. If an IV becomes necessary, they can use a hep-lock so I can get unattached. If an IV is necessary, I would like it capped after medication is administered.

Eat fruit and vegetables if I wish to after surgery.

I want to hold my baby to my skin right away. The baby will be given directly to me after birth, and will breastfeed as soon possible.


Cord: wait until the umbilical cord stops pulsating before it’s clamped and cut. If possible, I would like to cut the cord.

I want to hold the baby right away and have requested delayed stats (weight, etc.) so that I can have time to bond and breastfeed. I am delaying cord cutting and immediate vaccines. Again, unless the baby needs urgent care.

I request that no routine pitocin be given to me after the birth.

The baby will be with at least one parent at all times.

If the baby is a boy, he will not be circumcised.

The baby will not be given a pacifier at any time, but will be brought to me for breastfeeding.

Postpartum:
No post-delivery or post-op pitocin (common now to firm up uterus, but same function achieved by breastfeeding).
24 hour rooming-in with my baby.
Delayed vaccines. No Hepatitis B vaccine. Drops in the eyes okay AFTER the baby has had time to attempt breast feeding.
If it’s a boy we will NOT have him circumcised.

Feeding:
Breastfeed as soon as possible.
My baby is breastfed exclusively.
Sugar water may not be offered to my baby.
Do not offer formula, bottle, or a pacifier. 

I would like to thank everyone involved for their support and respect of my desires and preferences during this birth.

Thank you,

me

No comments: